Last Updated: June 26, 2017
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information. The term “Personal Information” as used herein means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or comes into, our possession.
1.2 Account & Billing Information. If you create an account with us, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and account password. If you elect to purchase Services for which Service Fees are applicable, you will be asked to provide valid and up-to-date credit card information or other payment information to us or our third-party subscription management provider and/or payment processor. We also collect information if you contact us for support or help, or otherwise communicate with us.
1.3 Information Collected From Your Use of the Services. When you visit our website or use the Services, we automatically collect certain information, which may include Personal Information, regarding your access to and use of the website and Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, browser type, device type, language, referring website URLs, log files, pages on the website that you visit, and links you click on (collectively, “Usage Information”). We also collect information, including Personal Information, you choose to provide through your use of the website or Services. When you link an account you have with a third-party website or service (e.g., Trello) to your account with us, we will obtain information, including any Personal Information that you have provided to the third-party website or service, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third-party website or service and as authorized by you.
2. Use of Information We Collect
2.1 Account Creation & Billing. We use information you submit to us at the time of account creation, including Personal Information, and any updated information you subsequently submit, such as a new email address, to create and maintain your account. We use Personal Information and payment information you may provide to us in order to bill you for Services for which Service Fees are applicable.
2.2 Operation and Improvement of our Services. We use your information, including Personal Information, to operate our business and provide the Services to you. We use information to personalize the Services we provide to you. We may use your information to verify your identity, for fraud prevention, to enforce the Terms of Service and to protect the integrity of the website and/or Services. We may also use your information to develop new features or Services and to improve the quality of our Services.
2.3 Customer Service and Technical Support. We may contact you using the information you provide in order to respond to inquiries you send to us, to communicate with you regarding our Services and the services of our partners, and to market our Services, or those of our partners, to you. We may send you emails advertising or promoting our Services. If you do not wish to receive such emails, you can choose to opt-out of receipt using the unsubscribe link within each email. We may also use your information to provide technical assistance.
2.4 Research. We may use information we collect, other than Personal Information, in conjunction with information from other users in aggregate form, for our own internal research and analytical purposes.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 Upon Consent. We may share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties if you provide us with authorization to do so or if necessary to provide you with Services you’ve requested. Some features of our Services may provide you with the option to share information publicly or with specific third parties, in which case we would make such information available in accordance with the options you elect.
3.2 Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information, with third-party service providers who assist us in providing the Services and operating our business. This may include third-party subscription management providers and payment processors, analytical services and customer support providers. If we share your Personal Information with third-party service providers, we require those service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, and to not use the Personal Information we share with them for purposes other than the services they are providing to us.
3.3 Responses to Legal Process, Subpoenas or Court Orders. We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, as required by law, such as in response to a court order, subpoena, lawful demand by a public authority, or similar legal process.
3.4 To Protect Our Business, Users or Others. We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, if we believe it is necessary to protect the property and/or rights of Substantial, you, or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, in the event of a legal dispute, or to prevent or stop activity we believe may pose a risk of being illegal, unethical or in violation of the Terms of Service.
3.5 Business Transfers. We may sell, assign, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
4. Policy Regarding Children. Our Services are not intended for persons under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a person under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
5. Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information we collect, maintain and transmit. We have in place commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unauthorized form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. We cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot, and do not, guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us at [email protected].
If we learn of a security breach involving your Personal Information, we will inform you of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.