Last Updated: May 22, 2018
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information. The term “Personal Information” as used herein means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or comes into, our possession.
1.2 Account & Billing Information. If you create an account with us, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and account password. If you elect to purchase Services for which Service Fees are applicable, you will be asked to provide valid and up-to-date credit card information or other payment information to us or our third-party subscription management provider and/or payment processor. We also collect information if you contact us for support or help, or otherwise communicate with us.
1.3 Information Collected From Your Use of the Services. When you visit our website or use the Services, we automatically collect certain information, which may include Personal Information, regarding your access to and use of the website and Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, browser type, device type, language, referring website URLs, log files, pages on the website that you visit, and links you click on (collectively, “Usage Information”). We also collect information, including Personal Information, you choose to provide through your use of the website or Services. When you link an account you have with a third-party website or service (e.g., Trello) to your account with us, we will obtain information, including any Personal Information that you have provided to the third-party website or service, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third-party website or service and as authorized by you.
2. Use of Information We Collect
2.1 Account Creation & Billing. We use information you submit to us at the time of account creation, including Personal Information, and any updated information you subsequently submit, such as a new email address, to create and maintain your account. We use Personal Information and payment information you may provide to us in order to bill you for Services for which Service Fees are applicable.
2.2 Operation and Improvement of our Services. We use your information, including Personal Information, to operate our business and provide the Services to you. We use information to personalize the Services we provide to you. We may use your information to verify your identity, for fraud prevention, to enforce the Terms of Service and to protect the integrity of the website and/or Services. We may also use your information to develop new features or Services and to improve the quality of our Services.
2.3 Customer Service and Technical Support. We may contact you using the information you provide in order to respond to inquiries you send to us, to communicate with you regarding our Services, and to market our Services to you. We may send you emails advertising or promoting our Services. If you do not wish to receive such emails, you can choose to opt-out of receipt using the unsubscribe link within each email. We may also use your information to provide technical assistance. If you consent, we may communicate with you regarding the services of our partners and to market our partners services to you. You can withdraw your consent to receive such emails using the unsubscribe link in each email.
2.4 Research. We may use information we collect, other than Personal Information, in conjunction with information from other users in aggregate form, for our own internal research and analytical purposes.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 Upon Consent. We may share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties if you provide us with authorization to do so or if necessary to provide you with Services you’ve requested. Some features of our Services may provide you with the option to share information publicly or with specific third parties, in which case we would make such information available in accordance with the options you elect.
3.2 Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information, with third-party service providers who assist us in providing the Services and operating our business. More details regarding our third-party data processors can be found here. This may include third-party subscription management providers and payment processors, analytical services and customer support providers. If we share your Personal Information with third-party service providers, we require those service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, and to not use the Personal Information we share with them for purposes other than the services they are providing to us.
3.3 Responses to Legal Process, Subpoenas or Court Orders. We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, as required by law, such as in response to a court order, subpoena, lawful demand by a public authority, or similar legal process.
3.4 To Protect Our Business, Users or Others. We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, if we believe it is necessary to protect the property and/or rights of Substantial, you, or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, in the event of a legal dispute, or to prevent or stop activity we believe may pose a risk of being illegal, unethical or in violation of the Terms of Service.
3.5 Business Transfers. We may sell, assign, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
4. Policy Regarding Children. Our Services are not intended for persons under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a person under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
5. Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information we collect, maintain and transmit. We have in place commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unauthorized form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. We cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot, and do not, guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us at [email protected].
If we learn of a security breach involving your Personal Information, we will inform you of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
8. EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Notice
8.1 Scope. This section applies when we act as the controller of personal data (referred to in this Policy as Personal Information) and the processing of such personal data is governed by the GDPR.
8.3 Use of Information We Collect. We use collected personal data for the following purposes, which are described in more detail in section 2 above:
- Create and maintain your account;
- Provide you Services and personalize the Services;
- Bill you for Services;
- Verify your identity and fraud prevention;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, protect and improve the website and Services;
- Develop new features and improve Services;
- Provide customer and technical support; and
- Send you marketing and other communications about our business and Services.
- If you consent, we will also send you marketing and other communications about our partners and our partners’ services.
8.4 Lawful Grounds. The lawful basis for us to process your personal data under the GDPR is the processing is necessary for our performance of our contact with you to provide Services. We also rely on our legitimate interest in understanding how users interact with our website and Services and in promoting and improving our Services. We rely on your consent to send you marketing and other communications about our partners and our partners’ services.
8.5 Information Sharing and Disclosure. We may share or disclose your personal data, as described in more detail in section 3 above:
- When necessary to provide Services you requested;
- Upon your consent;
- With our services providers;
- In response to legal process;
- To protect our business and others; and
- For business transfers.
8.6 Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal data, as described in more detail in section 5 above. We have in place commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unauthorized form of processing of your personal data in our possession. We cannot, and do not, guarantee the security or privacy of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
8.7 Transfer to United States. We are located in the United States. By submitting your personal data via our website or to the Services, the data will be transferred to the United States for our performance of our contract with you to provide Services.
8.8 Retention. We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you Services and for the purposes identified in section 8.3 above.
8.9 Your Rights. You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access to and information about the process of your personal data;
- Right of rectification (to correct, supplement or update);
- Right of erasure (also referred to as the right to be forgotten);
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right of portability;
- Right to object to processing; and
- Where we rely upon consent as the lawful grounds for processing, the right to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal data, submit your request to us at [email protected].